The top 10 Finalists have been selected! Congratulations to the following entries:
GeoSim Cities, Inc.
MindBridge Analytics Inc.
Peer Circle Insurance (Huang & Associates Analytics)
Trip Swell Inc. (Jauntin’)
Viooa Imaging Technology
Thank you to all that participated!
Innovative technologies, including the Internet of Things, advanced analytics, and digital solutions are changing our world. How might these innovative technologies be leveraged so that insurance becomes more customized, personalized and accessible to businesses and individual consumers anywhere, anytime? We invite you to participate in AIG Canada’s Innovation Challenge to ideate, conceptualize and showcase what the next generation of digital insurance engagement and distribution capabilities will look like at AIG.
To qualify for the challenge, your company/startup must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian startup company (please refer to the Challenge's Official Rules for more details).
- Your product/technology must have the potential to disrupt existing markets and be able to scale rapidly.
10 Canadian-based startups will be selected to pitch to a panel of AIG executives and members from the Global Innovation Team in Toronto on December 9, 2016. The first place winner will receive $50,000 (Canadian) along with the opportunity to work with AIG Canada and the Global Innovation Team to test out the winning concept. Opportunities may include: implementing the concept within AIG Canada’s current business, use case ideation workshop, technology pilot, strategic partnership, venture investment or introduction to AIG affiliated accelerator/VC partners.
Applications open: September 6, 2016
Applications close: September 28, 2016
Innovation challenge begins: October 5, 2016
Deadline for final submissions: November 15, 2016
AIG announces 10 finalists: November 22, 2016
Demo Day in Toronto: December 9, 2016
To learn more about AIG’s innovation culture, visit the Innovative Technology Homepage.
You will need to complete each of the numbered items below to explain your startup and use of innovative and disruptive technologies.
1. Briefly describe your startup or company.
2. Describe in detail your innovative product/technology that relates to or furthers the following areas of focus:
- The use of innovative technologies to create new value for our business clients (risk prevention & mitigation, safety, security) and/or individual consumers (omni-channel engagement, satisfaction and loyalty)3. Explain why AIG should select your team and product/technology to present to AIG Canada and Global Innovation teams in Toronto on December 9, 2016.
- Explore industry specific tools and/or solutions to create new business capabilities, new distribution models or new digital insurance capabilities
- Submissions exploring alternative innovation spaces are welcome.
Submissions will be judged using the criteria found in the Challenge's Official Rules. All ideas should have:
1) Beneficial impact on AIG customers
2) Broad application/maximum customers reached
3) Ease of implementation
4) Demonstrates leadership in innovation.
Entries will be limited to one per team and one team per company.
Lynn Oldfield, President and CEO of AIG Canada said this of the Innovation Challenge:
“At AIG, our vision is to be our customers’ most valued insurer. Innovation will play an integral role in delivering that value. The drivers of future growth are going to come from innovation. AIG has a culture of innovation that focuses on anticipating the future needs of our customers and identifying trends that will require new insurance products and related services. Fostering innovation requires listening closely to our customers, thinking outside of the box and harnessing the creativity of Canada’s Insurance-Tech community. This is why AIG Canada has decided to sponsor the Innovation Challenge. The Innovation Challenge presents a unique opportunity to partner with some of Canada’s most innovative start-up companies for the benefit of AIG’s customers and to further our mission of becoming our customers most valued insurer.”
AIG is ranked as one of 10 most preferred carriers of commercial insurance, and we’re the #1 commercial insurer in North America. We’re also the world’s largest nonlife insurer by market capitalization. We’re humbled to serve 98 percent of the Fortune 500, 96 percent of the Fortune 1000, and 90 percent of the Fortune Global 500. AIG is a market leader in helping to secure financial futures. We’re a leader in personal insurance in countries around the world, and the insurance provider of choice for some of the most prominent organizations and individuals in Canada. In 2016, AIG is proud to celebrate its 50th anniversary in Canada all the while striving to be our clients’ most valued insurer.
AIG Canada would like to thank the Consulate General of Canada in San Francisco and Silicon Valley for their support in the AIG Innovation Challenge.
Rewards will be handled by AIG
|Leaders will be displayed here once submissions are reviewed...|