Everyone loves chocolate covered ice cream bars. They're a classic treat that have come far since their invention in 1934, but stayed true to their formula: Ice cream covered in tasty chocolate mounted onto a stick for easy handling. Where will Ice cream bars go next?
By applying existing and emerging technologies such as 3D printing and the Internet of Things, what could a chocolate-coated ice cream on a stick product be like in 2025 and how would the experience of eating it change from today?
Answer each item separately in a proposal for the ice cream bar of the future in 2025:
1. What is your ice cream bar of the future?
2. What makes it novel/new/futuristic?
3. Why do you believe this product will be liked by consumers?
4. (optional but encouraged) Drawings, sketches, mock-ups, charts or any images that support your idea (images will not be judged on their artistic merit)
-Please do not write up concepts that are essentially smaller versions of a standard ice cream bar
-Please work within the current product’s signature characteristics of stick, ice cream, and chocolate coating (do not consider tub-based or other formats in your responses)
Characteristics of winning submissions:
- Winning ideas will clearly explain a novel and futuristic approach to the classic chocolate covered ice cream bar
- Winning ideas will take into account consumer trends (health, brand authenticity, etc.) as well as technological trends
- Do not be afraid to think super-high-tech! Wifi-connected popsicle sticks and chocolate-printed selfies are encouraged!