At G3, we have developed a technology that we call “G Ink” that lets us use thermochromic, photochromic, and bichromic pigments to create cutting edge wine package decorations. Thermochromic ink is temperature sensitive, causing it to change colors at different temperature points. Photochromic ink changes color when exposed to ultraviolet light (ex. Sunlight, black light), and bichromic ink is an interactive ink that changes from one color to a second color when viewed from different angles. We are also seeking way on how to incorporate other new interactive and decorative technologies.
We are looking for creative and exciting ways to apply these ink technologies to our wine packages in a way that will amaze and please our customers.
Please submit the following:
1) Propose an idea for an exciting new way to decorate wine, beer or spirit packaging that incorporates the “G Ink” technology we've developed at G3.
Specify which special ink(s) your solution uses (thermochromic, photochromic, bichromic, a combination or another technology i.e. texture), and how they are used in your packaging decoration.
Specify what component of the packing will feature the ink i.e. label, closure, etc.
2) How does your idea help the package stand out on the shelf? What message does your package convey? How is your idea better than existing wine package solutions? What will make customers want to buy your wine package solution? What would draw the consumer to purchase this product? How does the product impact the value proposition?
3) Attach an artistic rendering (sketch, mockup, design, etc.) that shows your design and illustrates how the special inks are used in your wine package idea.
Criteria: Keep the following in mind:
1) Your solution should only focus on the wine packaging components not the beverage itself.
2) Increase the brand experience on the shelf, in the cold box, at home or somewhere else where wine could be enjoyed.
3) Your submission should be unique, authentic and not currently available in the market.
4) The submissions will be scored on both the design creativity and functionality. Eg: Currently thermochomic ink is used to identify ideal temperature conditions for beer consumption.
|Top 5 share $750||Next 5 share $250|
|$150.00||Kayla Dean Appalachian State University|
|$150.00||Marlena Ruthe Iowa State University of Science and Technology|
|$150.00||Matthew Smith University of Tennessee|
|$150.00||Jordon Jellicorse University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill|
|$150.00||Joseph Maekalson Australian National University|
|$50.00||Xhulio Zeka Ccc|
|$50.00||Joseph Herbert University of Akron|
|$50.00||Maria Flores bxscience|
|$50.00||Byron Pang University of California, Los Angeles|
|$50.00||Roshan Adhikari Webster University|