|Cabinet Co||Next Challenge: How will you partner with energy utilities of the future?|
Cabinets have remained essentially the same since their inception as the primary means to store household items and non-perishable foods. Cabinets are a passive means to keep clutter tucked away and organized so that items can be easily accessed. This doesn’t have to be the end of the road for cabinets, there’s room for innovation!
What if cabinets took an active role with the items they store? They could disinfect silverware, or dry and organize dishes! What if they integrated with your smartphone or Apple HomeKit to track the items taken in and out? We want to hear your ideas for the way cabinets can move into the future alongside the rest of the technology in our lives.
Propose a cabinet or cabinet feature that utilizes modern advances in technology in the kitchen or bathroom space:
1. What is your futuristic cabinet idea?
2. What technologies does it utilize?
3. Why will it be a successful product in the future?
4. (Optional) Sketches, drawings, CAD renderings, mock-ups, charts, videos, graphs or any other visuals that support your cabinet idea
Things to consider:
- It is STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to submit a visual along with your submission but we’re open to accepting clever ideas without visual aid.
- If your idea is focused around lighting within cabinetry, please make sure to take a highly unique or innovative approach as we are already making cabinet lighting systems.
- Your ideas should be creative but also feasible, we’d like to use your concepts for prototyping our future products!
|Top 5 share $750||Next 5 share $250|
|$150.00||Matthew Gaiser Queen's University|
|$150.00||Pedro Simplicio University of Great Falls|
|$150.00||Sean Troutman San Diego State University|
|$150.00||Roshan Adhikari Webster University|
|$150.00||Joel Kohn University of Central Florida|
|$50.00||Abraham Kipnis Wesleyan University|
|$50.00||Joseph Herbert University of Akron|
|$50.00||Israr Ahmed Bradley University|
|$50.00||John-Michael Linares Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University|
|$50.00||Marc Schlessel University of Michigan|