This challenge is initiated and supported/sponsored by ViiV Healthcare.
In the United States alone, there are approximately 1.2 Million people living with HIV and each year there are approximately 50,000 new HIV infections. Using condoms decreases the risk of contracting HIV and sexually transmitted infections (STI).
Despite this, the practice of regularly using condoms is not as widely-adopted as it should be, especially amongst the 18-24 year old demographic. We want to find an effective means to encourage this age group to use condoms on a regular basis to prevent the continued spread of HIV and other infections and save lives.
Propose an idea to encourage 18-24 year olds to regularly use condoms:
1. What is your idea to get 18-24 year olds to regularly use condoms?
2. How will your spread awareness for your idea?
3. Why is your idea the most effective means to reach and impact this demographic?
4. (Optional) Sketches, renderings, drawings, mock-ups, charts, videos, graphs or any other visuals that better illustrate your idea.
We’re looking for big, bold, unique ideas. For example, gamification, suggesting a partnership with a tech company, or designing an app are great places to start. No boring standard, advertising campaigns.
Things to consider:
- How we’re selecting winners: The best ideas will clearly explain why they are likely to drive behavioral change, be cost-effective (not too expensive!), and be widely scalable across the US and potentially the world.
- No scare tactics! We do not want to scare people into using condoms regularly, using fear-mongering or fear to inspire action is not an acceptable solution.
- Data? If there is data or research to support your idea, include it. If not, we still want to hear from you!
- Show us your idea! Including images or drawings is a great way for us to better understand your concept.
- Make it last! Your idea should be applicable over a long period of time, one-off campaigns (a short advertisement in a magazine, etc.) are not encouraged.
By participating in this challenge you agree to the additional specific terms attached below.
ViiV Healthcare Internal Job Code: VIIV/OTH/0022/16
|Top 10% share $750||Next 15% share $300||Next 25% share $150|
|$83.30||Matthew Gaiser Queen's University|
|$83.30||Olivia Fowler Brigham Young University|
|$83.30||Raven Castro University of Southern California|
|$83.30||Ethan Chlebowski North Carolina State University|
|$83.30||Renae Haygood Lone Star College|
|$83.30||Chelsea Olivera Johns Hopkins University|
|$83.30||Meagan Bartlett Columbus State Community College|
|$83.30||Carissa Lintao njcu|
|$83.30||Miles White University of South Florida|
|$21.40||Christopher Acevedo Miami Dade College|
|$21.40||Dominique Altamari University of Massachusetts|
|$21.40||Amanda Borges mcphs|
|$21.40||Sally Abouzied Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University|
|$21.40||Kacee Bryant-Sharp Texas State University-San Marcos|
|$21.40||Gary Phillips Central Piedmont Community College|
|$21.40||Austin Vangel University of Rhode Island|
|$21.40||Josh Lyman University of Oregon|
|$21.40||Harry Gieringer Oregon Institute of Technology|
|$21.40||Kenny Chong Purdue University|
|$21.40||Philip Siu University of British Columbia|
|$21.40||Ariel Saultz franklin|
|$21.40||Cassidy Shell Davidson College|
|$21.40||oholt Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana|
|$6.80||taniajeannette California State University at Fullerton|
|$6.80||S. Jay University of Central Florida|
|$6.80||Katherine Setzer Eastern Washington University|
|$6.80||EMEL AYDIN University of Texas at San Antonio|
|$6.80||Eric Sedlacek University of Illinois|
|$6.80||Emily Rose University of Illinois|
|$6.80||Claire Arnold Ball State University|
|$6.80||Christopher Frutchey Rochester Institute of Technology|
|$6.80||Kristi Kan University of Maryland|
|$6.80||Erin Hanscom Ithaca College|
|$6.80||Jennifer Miller Walden University|
|$6.80||Sophia T McMaster University|
|$6.80||Rimjhim .. Johns Hopkins University|
|$6.80||Peyton Carmichael Instituto de Empresa|
|$6.80||Olivia Sunna University of Central Florida|
|$6.80||Jaimie Nguyen Texas Tech Univ. Health Sciences Center|
|$6.80||Lauren E Winthrop University|
|$6.80||Jennifer Arida Cuyahoga Community College|
|$6.80||Mitchell Manning University of Massachusetts|
|$6.80||Jonathan Cheng Drexel University|
|$6.80||Lauren Polson University of Central Florida|