There are over 3,000 people arrested each day for driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. 15 percent of all weekday car accidents and 31% of all weekend car accidents are caused by impaired drivers. Every day, almost 30 people in the United States die in motor vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol-impaired driver. This amounts to one death every 51 minutes. and 31% of traffic fatalities in the US are from alcohol impaired drivers. Despite these statistics, the number of deaths caused by drunk driving has been cut in half since 1980. This decrease is due in part to better measures taken against those who commit a DUI offense.
One of the most important parts of the fight to keep DUI offenders sober on the road is the requirement to use vehicle-installed breathalyzers, also known as ignition interlocks. These devices require drivers to prove their sobriety in order to use their vehicle. We make the best ignition interlock devices on the market.
How can we effectively reach the DUI offender (21-35 year old males) market when only given their full name and address?
1. How will you effectively target and reach the 21-35 year old demographic (primary age bracket for offenders) with only their name and address as a resource?
2. Why is this effective/more effective than a direct mail campaign?
3. (optional) sketches, videos, drawings, mock-ups, charts, graphs or any other visuals to support your argument
- Do not suggest ways to reduce drunk driving. We are looking to reach people who have already committed the crime.
- Do not suggest changes to our product(s) or the development of new products/software (such as apps); our primary focus is to find a new way to reach this market with the limited info we are provided.
In creating your method to market ignition interlock devices, consider the following information about DUIs, the people that commit them, and our ignition interlock devices:
- Primary DUI demographic: Age 21-35, primarily white, 65% males, blue collar.
- The Ignition Interlock Company has the name and addresses of DUI offenders, but no phone numbers or email.
- DUI offenders must select their ignition interlock Device within 14-30 days of their offense
-The Ignition Interlock company has already run direct mail campaigns
- Avoid advertising on Facebook and Reddit
|Top 5 share 7500||Next 5 share 2500|
|1500||Joseph LaRosee University of Massachusetts|
|1500||William Colbert University of Central Florida|
|1500||Austin Pearl Babson College|
|1500||Tyler Hickey Davidson College|
|1500||Roddy Ezell University of South Florida|
|500||Sean Cote Quinnipiac University|
|500||Radleigh Ang University of Washington|
|500||Elizabeth Doherty University of Georgia|
|500||Jacob Ahl Sdsmt|
|500||Matthew Evans University of Maryland|