Digital note-taking devices and platforms have taken the first steps down the road to becoming a mainstay amongst the technologies we use in our day to day lives. The use of a stylus or pen alongside a tablet computer allows a multitude of new ways to better record information as opposed to writing in a notebook or simply typing. Check out these short videos to learn more about digital note taking technologies:
Watch the videos above to learn about digital note taking, then answer the following:
1. What are the key pain points that prevent digital note taking from become the norm over a computer or pen & notebook?
2. What device or suite of devices and accessories will your digital note taking system consist of? (Physical products)
3. What functionalities and interfaces will users engage with when they use your system? (Digital experience)
4. (Optional) Sketches, drawings, CAD renderings, mock-ups, charts, videos, graphs or any other visuals that support your idea.
Things to consider:
- More than just note taking! If there are other cool functionalities that your device/suite of devices can offer, feel free to include those as well!
- Show your suite! Drawing up your interface, device ideas, and including any other imagery is listed as optional but is strongly encouraged.
- Organize your submission! Keep each numbered deliverable separate and highlight each functionality in it’s own separate paragraph. Walls of infinite text are not fun to read.
- Back up your info! When possible, refer to data, articles, or other sources to backup the claims you make in your solution.
|Top 10% share $625||Next 15% share $250||Next 25% share $125|
|$104.20||Mason Chee Pennsylvania State University|
|$104.20||Michael McDonald University of Massachusetts - Lowell|
|$104.20||Alyssa Roseman University of Colorado|
|$104.20||Jean Tu University of Southern California|
|$104.20||Zaid Bani Hani Exeter|
|$104.20||Dan Metzler University of California at San Diego|
|$27.80||Jacob Babione University of Findlay|
|$27.80||Pavitra Siva University of Michigan|
|$27.80||Sophia Hodson University of Vermont|
|$27.80||Michelle Dobbs University of Chicago|
|$27.80||Sophia T McMaster University|
|$27.80||Dallas DeBruin University of Dayton|
|$27.80||Nguyen Hanh Tran Connecticut College|
|$27.80||Francis Matuszak Bonaventure|
|$27.80||Haley Rasmussen University of Minnesota|
|$8.90||Harry Gieringer Oregon Institute of Technology|
|$8.90||jtarno1 Arizona State University|
|$8.90||Sally Abouzied Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University|
|$8.90||Will Lunt Oxford University|
|$8.90||Chun-Shao Chen State University of New York at Buffalo|
|$8.90||Igor Reis University of Sydney|
|$8.90||Rimjhim .. Johns Hopkins University|
|$8.90||Hyun Joon Kim Temple University|
|$8.90||Himari Gunasinghe New School University|
|$8.90||Taira Anderson University of Florida|
|$8.90||santaman2 SUNY College at New Paltz|
|$8.90||Kohl Finley University of Akron|
|$8.90||Jaimie Nguyen Texas Tech Univ. Health Sciences Center|