Anonymous Global Supply Chain Company
|Next Challenge: How can Taco Bell bring nostalgia to our frozen food offerings?|
In the world of grocery retail, the landscape has for a long time remained largely immune to disruption. However, the recent developments of new technologies, the rise of e-commerce and ever-changing consumer behaviors are disrupting the future of the physical grocery store. Today, click-and-collect, self-serving automation equipment, and touchless checkouts are blurring the lines between digital and physical shopping experiences. Still, the future of food might look very different than it does today!
Imagine visiting your local supermarket or grocery store in 2030 – what will the experience be like? What will the store look like and what products will you potential be buying in person rather than online? As the development of emerging technologies like IoT, AR&VR, Food-tech and Big Data grows, we want your ideas on how these tech trends, alongside consumer expectations will shape the future of the grocery supermarket.
Please answer the following:
1) What do you think the future of the supermarket looks like 5-10 years from now?
- How will e-commerce continue to affect these kinds of stores?
- How will the future consumers (Gen Z and Gen Alpha) shop? How will these generations shape customer behaviors and expectations?
- How might Emerging technologies help shape the future physical store?
2) Collecting and analyzing customer data is imperative to ensure growth and can help grocery stores predict shopping trends and buyers' habits.
- What ways can big data play in the future grocery store?
- What role do you think this data will play in creating a customized supermarket experience for shoppers?
NOTE** - Please be forward thinking (This is 2030!) and use inspiration from as many different sources as possible. We value images to bring your ideas to life, in particular your own sketches to bring your vision and ideas to life.
Submissions will be graded on the following criteria:
- 1-10 Scale
will share $1,000
will share $400
will share $200
|$62.50||Madhu Meena University of Maharani college|
|$62.50||Preeti Yadav ISB|
|$62.50||Abhishek Mishra Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow|
|$62.50||Sang Nguyen McGill University|
|$62.50||Olivia Wendell Honolulu community college|
|$62.50||Alia Le George Mason University|
|$62.50||Avijit Majumder Manipal University|
|$62.50||ERIKA FERNANDES Mumbai|
|$62.50||Christian Bakken Georgetown University|
|$17.40||AMAL VS APJ Abdul kalam Technological University|
|$17.40||Gourav Agarwal Xavier's Labour Research Institute, Jamshedpur|
|$17.40||Andy Sun Johns Hopkins University|
|$17.40||Traeonna Wagener University of Toledo|
|$17.40||Grace Tang Occidental College|
|$17.40||Hedis Alfredo Universidade Eduardo Mondlane|
|$17.40||Sonia George Mahatma Gandhi University Kottayam Kerala India|
|$17.40||Maneesh Srivastava GAUTAM BUDDH TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY|
|$17.40||Edilson Gomes de Lima Ibero American|
|$17.40||Adenilson Melo Universidade da Região de Joinville - UNIVILLE|
|$17.40||Khaoua Mohamed University of Toronto|
|$17.40||Shahid Nazir PTU|
|$17.40||Nathaniel Mensah Adoko University of Mines and Technology, Ghana|
|$17.40||Vy Hoang Ryerson University|