|Goodwill Industries of Mid-Michigan||Next Challenge: How can our customer service culture meet customers' changing desires?|
Goodwill Industries of Mid-Michigan has a mission to assist individuals with barriers to employment in making the transition to independence and self-sufficiency. We believe that through the power and dignity of work, individuals are able to achieve both economic self-sufficiency and a productive role in society.
The key to driving our mission to help individuals better themselves and enter the workforce are those that shop and donate at our Goodwill stores. Donors give us their lightly-used or new clothing, appliances, and anything else, and we sell those vintage garments, useful tools, and unique collectibles at affordable prices to our shoppers. We want to bring shoppers and donations to our stores, but don’t want to spend (too much!) money that would otherwise go towards helping individuals enter the workforce.
How can we bring more shoppers and item donations to Goodwill stores:
1. What is your idea to bring more shoppers and item donation to Goodwill stores?
2. Why will your idea be effective in attracting shoppers and item donations?
3. How can we effectively track the success of your idea?
4. (Optional) Sketches, drawings, mock-ups, charts, videos, graphs or any other visuals that support your idea.
Your submission should center around an actionable idea that we could execute now to bring in shoppers and/or donors.
Please also make sure that your idea is relevant to Goodwill Industries of Mid Michigan and the Mid Michigan area.
Things to consider:
- Your idea must be cost effective! Every dollar we spend on marketing and advertising takes away from how much we can help struggling individuals enter the workforce. Your idea can cost money (up to $50k is reasonable) but must clearly show return on investment!
- Television and radio advertisements are not acceptable responses. The ROI for spending on these formats is too low to be worthwhile.
- If you’re going to suggest social media...do your research! Advertising on social platforms is expensive and Facebook limits the amount of people you can reach with a message. If you suggest social media as part of your idea, make sure you’re clear on how to implement!
- If you’re going to go with coupons... make sure you’re creative! We already have straightforward coupon systems so try to blow us away with something new.
- Get outside the box! We're adding extra-extra emphasis on creativity! Propose something truly unique!
|Top 5 share $750||Next 5 share $250|
|$150.00||Jean Tu University of Southern California|
|$150.00||Akash Priyadarshi University of Southern California|
|$150.00||Krista Eckersall SUNY at Stony Brook|
|$150.00||Abhinav Bassi New Jersey Institute of Technology|
|$150.00||Chelsea Olivera Johns Hopkins University|
|$50.00||Caitlin Truong Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University|
|$50.00||Jeffrey Sham Johns Hopkins University|
|$50.00||Serena Zhang University of California, Los Angeles|
|$50.00||Kaleb McArdle Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis|
|$50.00||Emily Rose University of Illinois|