Many Scottrade ® clients are self-directed and use a variety of online tools to execute their trading and investing strategy. We’re interested in ways that social media data can be used to help clients make trading and investing decisions on our platforms.
An example routine for a client might be:
· Wakes up before dawn and turns on CNBC
· Goes through the top articles at Yahoo Finance, CNBC, Earnings Whisper, and Seeking Alpha
· Reads what the Reddit and Yahoo boards or StockTwits users have to say about the day
· Spends the day bouncing between ScottradeELITE, BigCharts.com, and the above sites
· Stays glued to their laptop while they’re in a trade
· Watches CNBC before bed to plan for tomorrow
Propose a method to integrate social media with Scottrade ® trading and investing:
1. What is your trading process-integrated social media action?
2. At what point in the trading process does it occur?
3. What are the benefits of completing this social media action?
4. (optional) Include sample social media posts, sketches, drawings, mock-ups, charts, graphs or any other visuals to support your idea
Things to consider:
· Avoid ideas that share sensitive personal financial data.
· The assignment is to propose a new action/technique/use that combines social media & finance, not just to discuss the intersection between each. (Think along the lines of automatically sending out a Tweet when making a new investment, but much bigger, broader, and more creative!)
· Don't hold yourself to current social media trends. If you think videologs or new platforms will be more popular in the future include your submission. We want outside the box ideas!
· We'd love to see images, mock ups, charts, videos, or any kind of visual turned in, please consider including some!
· Winning submissions will completely outline a social media task, with a complete explanation of why it will be appealing to our clients and their social audience.
|Top 5 share 7500||Next 5 share 2500|
|1500||Devon Ashbridge University of Central Florida|
|1500||William Colbert University of Central Florida|
|1500||Olivia Lewis University of Virginia|
|1500||Sydney Pressley East Carolina University|
|1500||Charles Vasbinder Northwestern University|
|500||Guillermo Garcia University of Central Florida|
|500||Evan Coolidge Santa Monica Community College District|
|500||jamiehurley1995 University of Central Florida|
|500||Greg Maino Villanova University|
|500||Justin Henke Ucalgary|