In recent years, the number of young consumers buying cars and driving in general has declined significantly. There are many reasons for this decline, including but not limited to:
1. Affordability - many young people can’t afford the purchase and maintenance costs
2. Location - Cars are less practical for many urban dwellers
3. Alternatives - Public transit, ride-sharing services, and other popular alternatives have replaced driving for many young people
4. Technology – Youth are likely to spend time and money on smartphones, tablets, laptops that provide an alternative form of entertainment, engagement and connecting.
We are interested in figuring out ways to make vehicles more appealing for those at a stage of life where buying a car is an option.
Please complete the following:
1) What is the biggest challenge that prevents a younger audience from connecting with car companies?
2) Propose a way to make vehicle ownership/driving your own car more appealing and attainable for young people.
- Your solution can include general vehicle features that young people may want to see in vehicles to make them more appealing
- branding/marketing ideas
- business model changes to make driving & car ownership seem more attractive.
3) Why do you think your solution will work with younger drivers? Explain how it will help trigger the desire to own a vehicle and/or drive for this target population.
By submitting a Solution to this Challenge, you agree to sign, without compensation, any additional documents requested by Challenger to confirm the assignment to Challenger of worldwide intellectual property rights in perpetuity in your Solution. You understand that the Challenger may have its own internal developments that may or may not be similar to your Solution, and you will not bring any claim against Challenger or its affiliates arising from any use of your Solution or any idea identical to or similar to your Solution. You understand that Challenger is not obligated to use your Solution.
|Top 5 share 7500||Next 5 share 2500|
|1500||Jessica Jones Ohio State University|
|1500||Joseph Illingworth University of Utah|
|1500||Adam Markon Northeastern University|
|1500||Melaina Wright Arizona State University|
|1500||Alex Carter Bard College|
|500||Michael Anderson North Carolina State University|
|500||Bharath Manicka Vasagam Xavier University|
|500||Andrei Riley Univeristy of the West Indies|
|500||Ben Tri Metropolitan State University of Denver|
|500||Joseph Seely Vanderbilt University|