The growing popularity of foodie culture, as demonstrated through popular television networks, hit shows, recipe sharing applications and more, has driven increased interest across consumers in the preparation, experimentation, and customization of their food. However, with consumers lives seemingly busier than ever, many are actively seeking solutions from food manufacturers that balance their desire for more participation and customization in food preparation, with time and effort saving convenience. This is especially true for seafood, where many consumers have less confidence and knowledge in how to prepare delicious meals from scratch.
1) Propose an idea for a new frozen seafood product that balances consumers' desire for both convenience, and involvement in their dinner preparation – allowing for easy customization.
2) Explain in detail the elements of both the product and the customization process:
- What would be provided to the consumer by the seafood manufacturer (could be product/packaging/instructions etc)
- What (if anything) would the consumer provide him/herself?
- How would the consumer contribute to the preparation process? Would it be before or after cooking?
- How would the consumer be able to give the product a personal touch?
3) What would you call your customizable product? How does your name convey the idea of easy customization and taste?
|Top 5 share 7500||Next 5 share 2500|
|1500||Cynthia Wagner The Ohio State University|
|1500||Raul Moya University of California at Davis|
|1500||Christian Balogh Montclair State University|
|1500||Quiana Pershinske Michigan State University|
|1500||Brian Loh University of Illinois|
|500||Jordan Henry Ohio University|
|500||Oliver Hitch Florida International University|
|500||Kayla Finstein Southern Methodist University|
|500||aghias University of California at San Diego|
|500||Devin Gustus Pasco-Hernando State College|