In the US, clothes are mostly washed in machines. In markets across Asia and Africa, clothes are washed by hand in the process outlined below:
- Sorting and soaking: Clothes are sorted and left to soak in buckets of water that contain soap or detergent.
- Hand washing: Clothes are rigorously scrubbed by hand to remove dirt and stains.
- Rinsing: Dirt and soap are removed from the clothes by rinsing until there is no trace of dirt or soap foam left.
- Drying: Clothes are hung up to dry.
- Omo's new detergent has a formula that makes the foam in the rinsing phase disappear more quickly and easily, meaning laundry takes less effort, time, and uses less water.
- Customers have said that this is nice, but it won’t make them buy Omo detergent over competitors.
- Customers say Omo detergent’s tougher stain fighting power is what will convince them to buy Omo over competitors.
- Omo's challenge now is to create a tagline (text that goes on the packs and end of the advertisements) that articulates the two benefits that we have (i.e. same tough stain removal now with the benefit of easy rinsing due to rapid foam dissipation), in the most appealing & simplistic way.
However, you can also focus on communicating the benefit of the easy rinsing only.
Please start by reviewing the document under "Additional Materials" at the bottom of the page and then complete the numbered deliverables.
Create a tagline (text that goes on the packs and end of the advertisements) that articulates the two benefits that we have (i.e. same tough stain removal now with the benefit of easy rinsing due to rapid foam dissipation), in the most appealing & simplistic way. You can also focus on communicating the benefit of the easy rinsing only:
1. What is your tagline? (Omo's current tagline is “Tough Stain Removal Faster”)
2. What part communicates the new foam dissipation technology?
3. What part communicates that the detergent has the same tougher stain fighting powers?
4. Why is this the best way to communicate both factors and ensure customers choose Omo over competitors?
5. (Optional) Include visuals you associate with your tagline including fonts, advertising, washing images or anything else you choose.
Requirements for your slogan, tagline, call to action, or explanation:
- Be 10 words or less, shorter is better!
- Be single minded, credible, believable, compelling.
- Persuade the customer to buy Omo and not a competitor's.
- Considers how Omo brings advantage to a customer’s life.
Things to consider:
- Our Brand is known as Persil in the UK and Surf Excel in India
- Please bold your slogan to make it easy to find in your solution.
- This slogan will be for markets in Asia and Africa including Vietnam, Morocco, India, China, Indonesia and also Brazil.
- Please review the document under "Additional Materials" below for greater detail on hand washing, Omo branding, and this new technology.
|Top 5 share 7500||Next 5 share 2500|
|1500||Jasmeet Sandhu Virginia Commonwealth University|
|1500||Matthew Gaiser Queen's University|
|1500||Christina Matayka Elgin|
|1500||Olivia Gunton Yale University|
|1500||Miles White University of South Florida|
|500||Sarah Malik SUNY at Stony Brook|
|500||Rohan Wadera University of South Florida|
|500||Lara Gatehouse Johns Hopkins University|
|500||Lily Mazlan RMIT University|
|500||Nicole Ellis University of Massachusetts|