We’re an international food manufacturer that believes that at the heart of our success is making food products that not only taste delicious, but don't harm the earth that they come from. One foods-focused area that we want to have a world-wide impact on is meats.
Did you know that beef eaters use 160% more land resources than people who eat a plant-based diet? How about that one acre of land produces only 250 pounds of beef, as compared to 50,000 pounds of tomatoes, 53,000 pounds of potatoes or 30,000 pounds of carrots?
As a ‘big foods business’ it is our responsibility to develop alternative protein products, and to guide and educate people that there are delicious, nutritious alternatives to meat. Therefore our goal is for people to gradually reduce their meat consumption, as they become more aware of the impact of meat production on the environment, and to provide sustainable substitutions for meat protein.
Propose a meat alternative ingredient, meal, recipe or line of foods that we can use as a core offering of our ‘big foods business’:
1. What is your meat alternative ingredient, meal, recipe or line of foods?
2. Why will modern consumers be excited to buy it and incorporate it into their diets?
3. How is it different from products that are currently available?
4. (Optional) Sketches, drawings, mock-ups, charts, videos, graphs or any other visuals that support your idea
Your idea should meet the following criteria:
· Taste great
· Give the sensorial experience of meat, satisfying even meat lovers needs
· Be simple and easy to incorporate into everyday meals/mealtimes (no complex preparation required)
· Can be an ingredient or entire meal
· Ingredients must be of non-meat origin (ideally plant based)
· Nutritionally, the product should match or exceed the nutritional benefit of eating meat in terms of macronutrients (protein, fat, etc.) & micronutrients (vitamins & minerals).
Things to consider:
· Change behaviors! Getting people to stop eating meat will require more than just a cool new alternative to it. Any thoughts on how to persuade people away from being regular carnivores are welcome.
· How we’re picking winners Winning solutions will be sizable & scalable, disruptive (unique and different), and feasible (realistic to implement).
|Top 10% share 10.0K||Next 15% share 4000.0||Next 25% share 2000.0|
|2000||Jenny Jaehee Jeon New York University|
|2000||Sally Abouzied Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University|
|2000||Ethan Chlebowski North Carolina State University|
|2000||Ryan Murphy Purdue University|
|2000||xiaoqiong cao University of Massachusetts|
|667||Briana Uribe California State University, Northridge|
|667||Tarun Jha University of Florida|
|667||A Vidyesh Rao|
|667||Raza Shah University of Texas at Arlington|
|667||Sophia T McMaster University|
|667||JT Whitehorn University of Alabama|
|200||Vishnuvardhan Reddy Stanford University|
|200||Nicole Romness Vanderbilt University|
|200||Julian Plovnick Vassar College|
|200||Pavitra Siva University of Michigan|
|200||Olivia Glynn Monash University|
|200||Sharon Ng University of California at Berkeley|
|200||Abhijeet Mavi Indian Institute of Technology - Madras|
|200||Meagan Bartlett Columbus State Community College|
|200||Jabari Sealy University of Miami|
|200||Ben Sieger University of Wisconsin|