|Next Challenge: Help Taco Bell bring craveability to the frozen aisle!|
It's a sad day when you look in your closet and see that one of your go-to pieces of clothing looks irreversibly worn out. Before, it may have been perfect for that first date or big interview, but now it looks too faded, worn, pilled, shrunk, stretched out, stained, or threadbare to impress anyone.
With your help, we may be able keep clothes looking "like new" longer. By extending the prime life of clothes, you may not have to downgrade that statement piece to around-the-house wear anytime soon.
Tell us how we can extend that "like new" stage of clothing. Specifically:
- What new product could be applied to clothing or added to laundry wash cycles to achieve our goal? When in the journey of laundry--from washer to dryer to storage to wear--would you want this product? Explain what is in the product.
- When would the product be applied? What benefit does this have over other times when it might be applied?
- How does the consumer apply the product?
- How do you determine when clothing is worn out?
- Describe your favorite clothing. Why is it your favorite? How does your favorite clothing make your feel?
- How do you categorize your clothes? Maybe you have clothing you'd wear on a Saturday night, clothing you'd wear to mow the lawn, clothing for work or school, etc.
- What causes you to move clothes from one category or status from Question 6 to another?
Think deeper than simply keeping clothes from fading and shrinking. We want in-depth, specific ideas.
Submissions will be graded on the following criteria:
- Meets Deliverables
will share $1,000
will share $400
will share $200
|$111.10||Matthew Gaiser Queen's University|
|$111.10||Isaac Barnett Ofori University of Mines and Technology, Ghana|
|$111.10||Tyler Hansen University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|$111.10||Chelsea Newberry Penn Foster|
|$111.10||Emily Armstrong Queen's University|
|$111.10||Clayton Drew University of Massachusetts|
|$111.10||Jyll Hardy University of Arizona|
|$111.10||Soumya Chatterjee Indian Institute of Technology - Bombay|
|$111.10||Jordan Peasant Duke University|
|$33.30||Samantha Thompson Brock University|
|$33.30||Linde Parcels Saint Louis University|
|$33.30||Tashalee Brown Cornell University|
|$33.30||Katie McMullen University of Wisconsin|
|$33.30||Kelsey di Girolamo UNC Chapel Hill|
|$33.30||Jessica Somers Middlesex University|
|$33.30||Akash Reddy Indian Institute of Technology - Hyderabad|
|$33.30||Sharicia Mason Jacobs University Bremen|
|$33.30||Joshua Y. Ansong UMaT|
|$33.30||Derrick Wesley University of New Orleans|
|$33.30||Harshit Sharma Indian Institute of Technology - Jodhpur|
|$33.30||Angela Hamilton University of Central Florida|
|$10.00||C W Princeton University|
|$10.00||Dr. Janelle Christine Simmons Liberty University|
|$10.00||Cristina Súarez-Zarracina Sánchez|
|$10.00||Christopher Adjei-Frimpong University of Mines and Technology, Tarkwa|
|$10.00||Amanda Sears York University Glendon Campus|
|$10.00||Gandhari Nawalage University of Nottingham Malaysia|
|$10.00||ganesh kumar Anna University|
|$10.00||Jorge Mario Vega Iglesias Universidad Santo tomas|
|$10.00||Kate Szan University of Connecticut|
|$10.00||Eileen Ahn Pomona College|
|$10.00||Aaron Barrera University of Florida|
|$10.00||Pamela Brooks Walden University|