Razors have gone through many evolutions. From single blades that cause redness and irritation, to today’s modern technologies that utilize multiple blade systems, the best and most durable metals, and companion products that improve the shaving experience as a whole.
One of the most important advances has been the addition of a lubricating strip to the face razors. The strip (usually contains Polyethelene Oxide or PEO), is placed across the edge either before or after the razor to ensure that a shave is as smooth as possible. We want to improve the experience of lubricating gel strips in our razors to beat out our competitors products and provide the best shave on the planet.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This challenge focuses on changing the set up, delivery system, or formula for the lubricating Gel at the top of the razors face, as indicated by the red arrow in the challenge image.
Propose a new set up, delivery system, or formula for lubricating gel on the face of razors:
1. What is your new set up, delivery system, or formula for lubricating gel on the face of razors?
2. How does your solution work?
3. Why is it the best possible solution and what advantages does it provide over current products?
4. (Optional) Sketches, chemical equations, drawings, CAD renderings, mock-ups, charts, videos, graphs or any other visuals that support your solution
Things to consider
- Proposing a new chemical compound (an alternative to Polyethelene Oxide or PEO) for the lubricating gel is encouraged. If you choose to do this, bear in mind that it must be safe for contact with human skin.
- Providing a new delivery system for Polyethelene Oxide or PEO is encouraged. If possible, provide a technical explanation of how your new system works
- Submitting original ideas and perspectives on lubricating gel strips is encouraged. Any thoughts or ideas that could provide value to our team as we reconsider how to approach lubricating gel strips can be considered for a prize.
|Top 5 share $750||Next 5 share $250|
|$150.00||Matthew Gaiser Queen's University|
|$150.00||Miles White University of South Florida|
|$150.00||Kevin Chen Cornell University|
|$150.00||Vanessa Penate Miami Dade College|
|$150.00||Devin Gustus Pasco-Hernando State College|
|$50.00||Alex Harbolt The University of Tampa|
|$50.00||Joseph Maekalson Australian National University|
|$50.00||Andrew Wuebker Roger Williams University|
|$50.00||Michael Sanford San Mateo County Community College District|
|$50.00||Roshan Adhikari Webster University|