Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the life science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life.
As a multinational corporation, Bayer has many large campuses across the world. When Bayer employees travel, one of the greatest difficulties is helping visiting employees interact with other employees nearby and exploring the unfamiliar campus and city. Bayer is committed to encouraging social connection between employees, and wants to help traveling employees connect with colleagues on the same Bayer campus, regardless of where home base is. The company believes a social app for Bayer employees may be the solution.
Help Bayer come up with the best features to include on an employee travel app for mobile phones. Specifically, address the following:
(1) What features would you want in a corporate mobile travel app?
(2) What current mobile social networking apps should be models for the Bayer app, and why?
(3) What features, if any, should remain private on the employee travel app? Should users be able to hide their location, identity, or other activities? Please elaborate in your answer.
(4) Imagine two employees from Bayer's Pittsburgh office are separately visiting Bayer's Cologne, Germany office. How can we ensure the app will encourage interaction between the two visiting employees, as well as interaction between the visiting U.S. employees and employees based out of the Germany office?
(5) The first use of the application will be Americans visiting Germany who wish to network with others Americans. How might the application pull two Americans together who may not have met if the application did not pull them together?
Criteria: The most important aspects of the hypothetical app will be quality of user experience and functionality.
|Top 5 share 7500||Next 5 share 2500|
|1500||Robert Filipp The University of Tampa|
|1500||Jakob Bruhns Middle Tennessee State University|
|1500||Abhinav Bassi New Jersey Institute of Technology|
|1500||Matthew Gaiser Queen's University|
|1500||Vijayshree Gidde University of Central Missouri|
|500||Lucas Iacovino Pennsylvania State University|
|500||Langdon Oliver Clemson University|
|500||Leticia Vega Texas A&M University|
|500||Sydney Dunn SUNY College at New Paltz|
|500||Marlena Ruthe Iowa State University of Science and Technology|