Drinking tea is an important cultural cornerstone in the UAE & Saudi Arabia. However, coffee is becoming a more and more popular option amongst consumers. At Lipton, we make great teas, and would love UAE & Saudi Arabia coffee drinkers to still enjoy our tea. Take a look at the notes below to see how tea and coffee fit into the UAE & Saudi Arabia cultural landscape:
- Tea is highly integrated in the culture, an everyday product (just like water), synonymous to life essence.
- Consumers are very open to new cultural experiences, influences from abroad and to others’ values; for instance coffee is in rise especially in youth audience.
- People want to experience new things, new world experiences make them feel more connected to the modern world. Coffee is one of the most popular ways for people to have a new experience.
- Coffee's popularity grows mainly due to exciting product innovations and being associated with high aspirations.
- Coffee is seen as a facilitating agent for bonding with peers and socializing at coffee shops.
- Coffee gives a broad range of flavors and sensorial experiences. It enables consumers to explore novel taste experiences which are unique and personalized.
With all of this in mind, how can we attract UAE & Saudi Arabia coffee lovers to drink Lipton tea more?
Your idea can be an advertisement or advertising campaign, a movement or lifestyle change, digital or online ideas, a new product or product type, a way to make Tea fit with one of the positive qualities above, an event or activity or anything else you think of.
1. What is your idea to promote the drinking of Lipton tea?
2. How will you reach UAE & Saudi Arabia consumers with this idea? (How will they see or hear your message? Consider digital opportunities.)
3. Why will this idea and communication method be effective in the UAE & Saudi Arabia?
4. (Optional) Write a short (less than 20 words) slogan or tagline to summarize your idea or be used in advertising.
5. (Optional) Sketches, drawings, advertisements, social media posts, videos, graphs or any other visuals that support your argument
Special notice for UAE & Saudi Arabia students: If you have any experience or relationship with the UAE & Saudi Arabia (live there, are from there, have travelled there, have family there, have an interest in the UAE & Saudi Arabia in general) please make the first sentence of your submission a brief explanation of that experience or relationship.
Things to consider:
- Consider the market! The most important part of this challenge is that your idea is a fit with the UAE & Saudi Arabia market. Referencing stats about country consumer habits could be a great place to start.
- Be creative! The best solutions will be concepts that we’ve never considered before. We already think about this issue regularly so try to wow us with something totally new.
- Make tea cool! A great way to approach this project is to propose a way to make tea more modern and popular amongst young consumers.
- Can we help tea to fit into some of the positive cultural associations and experiences listed above?
- Are there opportunities to make tea SOCIAL as part of the new socializing/outdoor culture in the UAE & Saudi Arabia?
- Can we come up with a new adaptable solution to make tea that fits into FAST PACED modern lifestyles?
|Top 5 share 7500||Next 5 share 2500|
|1500||Matthew Gaiser Queen's University|
|1500||Miles White University of South Florida|
|1500||Joseph Herbert University of Akron|
|1500||Marlena Ruthe Iowa State University of Science and Technology|
|1500||Margaret Cihlar Iowa State University of Science and Technology|
|500||Doaa Shaikh University of Toronto|
|500||Aszliah Delicana Northeastern University|
|500||Mohammed Alsobay Massachusetts Institute of Technology|
|500||Ahmed Alzahabi Texas Tech University|