At Anonymous Car Manufacturer, we’ve developed an awesome new technology. All of the vehicles we produce can now be opened via a “virtual” car key. This means that car owners can use an app on their phone to create a key, and allow others access to their car via their phones as well. Some of the functionalities include:
- The key can be used for one-time access, for a set period of time, or permanently
- The owner of the car can decide whether the key they send can only open and close the car, or drive the car as well.
Now that we’ve developed this tech, we want to know the best ways to bring it to the cities of the world! What unique business ideas can you think of that take advantage of this functionality in an urban environment?
Consider the technical abilities of virtual car keys in the background, then propose a unique business use case for virtual car key technology in an urban environment:
1. What is your business use case for virtual car key technology?
2. How does it utilize the virtual keys?
3. What business/partners/other technologies will be necessary to make your idea a success?
Bonus Objective: Create a short video (less than 2 minutes) explaining your idea (it can just be you talking to your webcam) or create another piece of media to accompany and explain your concept.
Things to consider:
- Your idea must focus on the Urban environment, so make sure your business proposal is feasible in a city
- We’re looking for creative, original and outside the box ideas. Don’t be afraid to suggest something that stretches technological capabilities or has never been done before!
- Some ideas we've considered include allowing deliveries to be sent straight to your car and placed safely in your trunk, or having your dry cleaned clothes dropped off into your car after cleaning- Your ideas should be similar to these but not the same!
|Top 5 share 7500||Next 5 share 2500|
|1500||Allen Doan University of Texas at Austin|
|1500||Jake Jarvis Stlcop|
|1500||Boxuan Zhu University of Maryland|
|1500||A. Courtney University of California at Davis|
|1500||Austin Pearl Babson College|
|500||Garrett Baker University of Arizona|
|500||Christina Matayka Elgin|
|500||Matthew Gaiser Queen's University|
|500||Abraham Guimbao Virginia Community College System|
|500||Joseph Maekalson Australian National University|