|Next Challenge: Calling Millennials and Gen Z! How should we redesign the exterior of our cakes to sell in grocery stores?|
Water availability is a topic of increasing global concern. Consider this: The National Water Stress Ranking reports that 44 countries have been recently rated as highly concerned by water stress. According to the United Nations, several regions of the globe face complex challenges to ensuring that everyone has access to sustainably-managed water and sanitation services. At the current consumption rate, this situation will only get worse. By 2025, two-thirds of the world’s population may face water shortages. And ecosystems around the world will suffer even more.
The topic of water availability encompasses issues including the waste of water, water pollution and/or contamination, water shortage, water supply, and water treatment, amongst others.
We are a personal care and skincare company with an aim to start several initiatives and develop disrupting solutions that will uniquely tackle and improve the water availability and usage at different levels of the water cycle, from its supply until its disposal and treatment. What skincare or personal care product should exist to address the growing problem of water availability?
We are interested in new and innovative products that will address the problem of water availability. Product ideas should also relate to skincare or personal care in some way and deliver a consumer benefit. Product ideas should be original and not something that you can find in stores or online today.
We are not necessarily looking for you to submit skincare and cosmetic product formulations with an ingredient list. Rather, we are open to broadminded solutions, which might be technology, a device, etc. Please think creatively!
Specifically, please answer the following:
- Tell us about your experiences with water availability (i.e. waste of water, water pollution and/or contamination, water shortage, water supply, and water treatment, amongst other issues):
- Were you aware of the current situation regarding water availability?
- Are you currently facing any issues of water availability?
- What are your concerns regarding water availability?
- Do you think that your current skincare / personal care routines or habits are respectful of the water crisis? Why? How could they improve to be more mindful of or proactive towards water availability?
- How well do you think that current skincare / personal care products address the water availability problem?
- What is your novel “sustainable water” skin care or personal care product idea? Be sure to explain the following:
- What it is
- How it would work
- The water availability need / problem that it addresses (water waste / use, water pollution, water shortage, etc.)
- The consumer benefit it delivers (ex: a skincare benefit)
- Why this product would make sense for / fit with personal care and skincare company
- Why consumers would want to buy your product idea
Please note: Our personal care and skincare company offers products such as moisturizers, shower gels, sunscreen, etc. We do not offer color cosmetics such as lipstick and mascara.
Submissions will be graded on the following criteria:
- 1-10 Scale
will receive $200 each
will receive $100 each
|$200.00||Susantha Wanigaratne Mahatma Gandhi University|
|$200.00||Okpamen Obasogie Landmark University|
|$200.00||Purushottam Sharma Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow, India|
|$200.00||Jorge Mario Vega Iglesias Universidad Santo tomas|
|$200.00||Elena Kotova Financial University|
|$100.00||Gerald Okafor University of Manchester|
|$100.00||Christopher Adjei-Frimpong University of Mines and Technology, Tarkwa|
|$100.00||Abhishek Mishra Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow|
|$100.00||Norman Yam National University of Singapore|
|$100.00||Olivia Wendell Honolulu community college|
|$100.00||Avijit Majumder Manipal University|