Applying for a scholarship? Check out our scholarship essays database>
Sample cover letter for Internship position at Imperial Oil
Co-op Accounting Student
Imperial Oil Ltd.
237 4th Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 4K3
Dear Sir or Madam,
Please accept the attached resume for your consideration regarding a Accounting Analyst position. I will be graduating with a Bachelors of Business Administration, in Accounting from Mount Royal University in December 2015. I had attended Mount Royal University’s Energy Career Fair in the fall, and had enjoyed learning more about Imperial Oil, its’ culture and people. This has provided me with the knowledge and insight of a company that I would certainly like to work for.
I’m interest to work at Imperial Oil, because of its dedication to continually improve and manage risks associated with safety, health, and the environment. My interest and aptitude for accounting makes me a great candidate for developing strong professional relationships, taking initiative, being a part of a team, and applying strong communication both oral and written.
Qualifications that meet your criteria include:
- 2 years experience planning and prioritizing event responsibilities to ensure deadlines are met
- Interested in pursuing a CPA designation
- Inspired and motivated operational team’s performance, through coaching and mentoring
- Solid success in developing relationships with clients unfamiliar with products and their uses, as well as those with strong technical expertise
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe computer programs
- 4 years hands-on group project experience
Given the opportunity, I would apply myself with enthusiasm to all tasks; ensuring tasks are done accurately and efficiently. Thank you for considering my suitability for this position. I am confident my interest and aptitude will make me a successful candidate. I am excited to discuss this opportunity with you further.
See our template for making your own punchy cover letter