Boost your job application by writing a great cover letter and highlighting a real project from MindSumo in your resume. Learn More >
Sample cover letter for Full Time position at JP Morgan and Morgan Stanley,
Entry level Finance
To gain employment with a company or institution that offers me consistently positive atmosphere to learn and implement new technologies for the betterment of the organization.
Excellent written and oral communication skills | Detailed oriented, Strong analytical skills with ability to multi-task and work independently | Ability to learn quickly and implement the knowledge acquire and succeed in this ever changing environment | Experience with leading projects and Ability to interact with a diverse group and with diverse background | Very strong presentation skills - Command a large audience and interact confidently with senior managers/executives | Leadership presence - Ability to build sound working relationships and collaborate with peers and senior management
Berkeley College, New York, NY B.B.A., Financial Services December 2014
Staten Island University Hospital, Staten Island, NYSeptember 2013 - Present
Senior Patient Care Assistant
- Perform direct care duties taking vital signs and assist with patient activities.
- Obtain lab specimens as needed, and chart patient observations.
- Assist in maintaining and providing clean and safe environment.
- Maintain supply inventory and order supplies as needed.
- Report and document pertinent changes in the patients’ conditions on daily basis.
- Making sure patient get the best experience during their stay.
The Burgess Group- Corporate
Recruiters, Inc. (Intern),
New York, NYSeptember. 2014 – Dec. 2014
Accounting and Research Associate
- Responsible for QuickBooks Accounting program / bank statement reconciliation for international executive search and diversity recruiting firm.
- Conducted business development research and responsible for assisting in the initiating of the new human resources database system
- Provided the President with marketing and competitive research on existing andpotential clients
- Prioritized resumes and made recommendations for recruitment assignments.
The Holliswood Hospital, Holliswood, NY December 2010 – August 2013
Mental Health Worker
- Observed and influenced patients’ behavior, communicating and interacting with them and teaching, counseling on life issues.
- Encouraged patients to develop work skills and to participate in social, recreational activities that enhance interpersonal skills and develop social relationships.
- Lead prescribed individual or group therapy sessions as part of specific therapeutic procedures.
J.C. Penney Inc., Bronx, NY September 2008 – December 2010
Sales and Customer Service
- Developed and recommend merchandise and services that will meet customers’ needs.
- Greeted customers and ascertain what each customer wants.
- Described merchandise and explained use, operation and care to the customers.
- Operated cash register to include balancing at end of shift
- Identifying fraudulent transactions in the catalog system
- Solving store credit discrepancies with customers
Valuation & Allied Services Accra, Ghana West AfricaJanuary 2004 – May 2008
- Prepare and submit yearly budget plans to the top management for review
- Oversee and manage the annual operating expenditures budget
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures, controlling correspondence, designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments. Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Monitor gross pay and operating expenditures
- Maintain department legal contracts and verify appropriate expenses
- Coordinated and planned meetings and schedules as well as booked appointments for the president.
- Handle confidential and time sensitive information
- Managed on-going projects and conducted research as needed.
- Prepared and edited correspondence, reports and presentations.
- Client Service coordinator
Financial Services Club & Financial Planning Association, New York, NY2013
The Holliswood Hospital - BestCare Gram of the Year 2012
J. C. Penney - Elite Associate of the Year, Employee of the Month 2009
Windows, Microsoft Office Applications, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, CorelDraw, QuickBooks
See our template for making your own punchy cover letter