Applying for a scholarship? Check out our scholarship essays database>
Sample cover letter for Full Time position at Monster
GOT THE JOB? Yes
I am applying for the Inside Sales position posted on Boston.Monster.com.
At your convenience, I'd appreciate the opportunity to discuss the position and my candidacy with you. You can find my resume attached to this e-mail.
I am looking to bring my well-honed public relations, marketing, and client-focused online, oral, and interpersonal communication skills internally to succeed in an inside sales position.
Pertinent experience and skills for the posted position include:
- The power of persuasion. I’ve pitched stories for C-level executives via phone and e-mail and placed them in major media outlets, such as MSNBC, CIO Magazine, Sirius Satellite Radio, MSN Money, AARP Bulletin, and The New York Daily News.
- The ability to reach key audiences. As a journalist, I published stories in key print and online media, including CareerJournal.com, CollegeJournal.com and StartupJournal.com (online publications of The Wall Street Journal), Consumers Digest, Woman's Day, and ePregnancy Magazine. As a copywriter, my work has been used in e-mail marketing, online and offline advertisements, blogs, brochures, taglines, and web sites.
- Strong financial aptitude. My experience includes a little over a decade in the accounting profession in external and internal client-facing environments.
- With a B.S. in Accounting from Southern New Hampshire University, and a Minor in Management Information Systems, I have have the hard skills required to succeed in a sales role.
- Strong computer skills. I am experienced in both Microsoft and Mac software, and also have a basic-level familiarity with HTML, CSS, and digital design.
- I bring a variety of personal skills that will ensure success in this role: I am a good listener with a solid work ethic and an insistent desire to excel. I have a proven ability to meet deadlines without fail, and enjoy a fast-paced environment. I'm also a fast loarder with extraordinary factual recall.
I'd love to find out more about the position you're looking to fill, and I would welcome the opportunity to tell you how my skills and ideas can benefit Wellesley Information Services. I can be reached at (555) 555-5555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for your consideration; I look forward to hearing from you soon!
See our template for making your own punchy cover letter