Boost your job application by writing a great cover letter and highlighting a real project from MindSumo in your resume. Learn More >
Sample cover letter for Internship position at UNICEF
M & E Speacialist
Sub: Application for the Post of "Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, P-4, USSC, Nairobi"
The position advertised is an excellent fit with my demonstrated expertise and experience in UNICEF, government, donor agencies,NGOs, and consulting firm over the past 15 years.
I have been working with UNICEF India Country Office inPolicy, Planning and Evaluation section since 2009. I have been supporting UNICEF India Office to facilitate and/or lead planning, monitoring, evaluation, social policy and knowledge management functions to benefit three sub-national states that covers 142 million population.
My dedicated appointment as Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist in State Planning Commission of Government provided me additional edge and confidence to apply for this position.
Following are a few personal strengths acquired over the period of 15 years while working with different organizations like UNICEF,Government departments, NGOs, Research Organizations, and Media. I am good incore values, demonstrated competencies and emergency exposure which arecaptured in PERs also.
- Established Knowledge Management Centres and protocols/system for the state government. Eg. Evaluation Resource Group, Division for Child Studies, MDG monitoring and Policy Support Unit, SMART Village Support Unit. This has created enabling environment to promote and strengthen evidence based learning and decision making within government-CSO system.
- Drafted Evaluation Policy, Evaluation Handbook and supported formation of Evaluation Authority for Telangana State. Also drafted Public Expenditure reports on Children and several policy briefs for the State government(s) on scheme performances.
- Ensured that UNICEF-supported evaluations are strategically selected and conducted in accordance with global evaluation policy and ROSA Evaluation strategy; uploaded reports and management response plan in the NYHQ database. Carried out more than 17 evaluations, and 26 studies so far in last 15 years.Currently managing one child labour project evaluation of IKEA donor that was implemented for last four years.
- Facilitated UNICEF’s partnership, networking and advocacy efforts with relevant evidence-based research and knowledge focusing on disadvantaged and excluded children. Mobilized government resources to speed up achievements of MDGs. Key contributions are (i) presented papers in Evaluation Conclave –Kathmandu and Pakistan, (ii) Participated in ROSA Evaluation network meeting in Pakistan, (iii) distinguished guest lecture series with eminent personalities, and (iv) established partnership with Community of Evaluators (CoE), and Washington University for southern zonal government of India.
- Coordinated annual planning exercise, mid-term review, annual reviews, and joint inter-sectorial evaluation missions and compiled data for the preparation of the RAM for last six years in UNICEF. Also supported donor driven programmes and complied with their requirements.
- Created functional Child Info Application for the stakeholder(s) – a comprehensive data bank of social indicators on situation of women and children for three governments at province level.
- Developed and managed IMEP for the states and facilitated IMEP Steering committee meetings chaired by Dep. Rep- Programme.
- Having expertize in conducting assessments of Cyclone and Left wing extremist issues and preparedness programmes.
My rich experience and commitment to achieve optimum isaligned well with the advertised position. With this confidence, I am hopefulto get an opportunity to work closely with ______________________ team.
Thanking you in anticipation.
See our template for making your own punchy cover letter