Applying for a scholarship? Check out our scholarship essays database>
Sample cover letter for Internship position at Uber
Community Operations Manager
I would like to take this opportunity to express my interest in the Community Operations Manager position.
I can offer Uber:
- Deep analytical skills oriented to business;
- Capacity to guide the deployment and execution of the strategic planning up to the operational level through the articulation and communication of action plans;
- Furthermore, I have a strong interest to be part of a team that works on a business model that mixes operating excellence and information technology as key ingredients to solve a hard offline problem and to its success;
- We’re obsessive about wowingpartners and riders via the support we provide them, and our continued growth and success depends directly on our ability to scale and improve on that amazing service;
- As an early leader of a rapidly growing team, you will develop, implement, and iterate on structured programs to lay the foundation of our support organisation, that will employ teams of service representatives;
- You will lead by example, resolving the toughest of issues from partners and riders every day, and ensuring that the team performs at the same, high level;
- Naturally gifted at service and people management, you leverage your unparalleled empathy and charm to turn angry riders and partners into our strongest supporters and ambassadors;
- You’ll also be training, mentoring, and leading team members to provide world-class service;
- You look to build professional, repeatable processes and standards to scale support operations, while not forgetting that creating those positive, lasting relationships with our partners and riders is at the core of what makes Uber so special;
- Entrepreneurial self starter. You are ready for the autonomy that comes with building a new team within Uber, which includes defining the roles and responsibilities, goals and metrics, and processes within that team. You recognize that not every situation has a playbook, and are ready to face new problems and think of solutions independently.
- People focused.You’re naturally great at dealing with people; whether listening to irate riders, supporting partners, or setting proper expectations with internal stakeholders.
- Efficiency and process obsession. You hate inefficient processes and you are skilled at creating processes to eliminate them. You love learning how things work and you’re always looking for ways to innovate.
- Analytical ability. We take an intensely data-driven approach to running our business. In order to manage quality and efficiency in your team, you are able to constantly monitor and understand trends data, and use it to make the right business adjustments.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew of users, and are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- Work with our engineering and process teams to improve internal tools and user experience.
- Build an efficient and scalable support operation that produces stellar response times and high quality responses.
- Be a passionate advocate for all riders and partners in ANZ, and answer any questions that come your way.
- Build loyalty among new riders and partners, and get our early adopters to fall in love with Uber all over again.
I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you about this position and joining the Uber community.
Thank you for your consideration.
See our template for making your own punchy cover letter