Applying for a scholarship? Check out our scholarship essays database>
Sample cover letter for Internship position at novartis
UGC-BSR Research Fellow
Department of Pharmacy, FEAT
Annamalai University, Chidambaram
Tamil Nadu-608001, India
Subject: Application for the post of “Pharmacokinetic/Pharmacodynamic Model Development
Dear Selection Committee members,
I am Mr. Murugesan Arumugam a graduate in Pharmacy, Presently doing my doctoral research under the supervision of Dr. V. Parthasarathy, in the Department of Pharmacy, Annamalai University, India. I am privileged by getting awarded with meritorious UGC-BSR fellowship from the Government of India to carry out my doctoral research. Expected PhD thesis submission will be on July 2015.
I have an ample of industrial research experience prior to my doctoral research. I worked with Suven Life Science Ltd, Hyderabad for a period of four years, where I have gained a good amount of knowledge and applied my skills in drug discovery research. Apart from that I have attended similar programs where I refined my technical skills which at present are very helpful in my doctoral research.
I strongly feel that the Pharmacokinetic / Pharmacodynamic Model Development Fellowshipat USFDA will be very relevant to my expertise and skill in the drug discovery field. As a Doctoral-level student with diverse and significant practical experience and strong problem-solving skills, I am confident that I would make a productive addition to your team.
As a whole, I strongly believe that the Pharmacokinetic / Pharmacodynamic Model Development Fellowshipat USFDA is the place where I can learn and explore myself in the scientific world. It would be a great opportunity for a budding scientist like me to enrich my knowledge in the field of drug discovery and it also could help me to interact with the other fellow scientists and from diverse professions and scientific backgrounds drawn from all over the world. This exposure will be important for me to interact and integrate with other invitees and exchange my of ideas and future perspectives pertaining to solve the various global issues
Finally, I am determined to make the most out of the fellowship benefits. I will optimize my stay at the USFDA to garner a wealth of ideas. Once again, I would like express a strong interest in a particular Pharmacokinetic / Pharmacodynamic Model Development Fellowshipat USFDA. I will be grateful for considering my application and I look forward to an encouraging reply.
Some of my other attended scientific camps and achievements:
- iHEAD 2014 meeting: The organization committee of the International Headache Academy has been nominated and invited myself to register for the iHEAD meeting 2014, 31st October to 2nd November at Leiden University, the Netherlands.
- Novartis BioCamp 2013 participant: I participated in Novartis BioCamp 2013 - A biotechnology leadership camp and I represented the Tamilnadu State, India.
- Eli Lilly & Co’s authorization: I pioneered to procure the prestigious 3R’s facility approval from Eli Lilly & CO, USA to authorize the use of animals for in vivo research at the department of Pharmacology and then to the entire Annamalai University.
- §UGC-BSR fellowship: Received, a meritorious University Grant Commission Basic Scientific Research (UGC-BSR) fellowship, Sponsored by Government of India to carry out Ph.D.
- Extensive experience in scientific research: My expertise over the years in the drug discovering industry is in-vivo brain receptor occupancy and biomarker assay for NCE’s in animal models, which helps me to involve in the most critical “Candidate selection” step in the Drug Discovery process using PK/PD models. I also served as a primary inventor for the collaborated research projects of the clients like Eli Lilly & Co, is resulting in a successful candidate identified for clinical trials.
- A record of scholarly contributions: My record of 4 research posters presented at international level of the annual meeting and 2 manuscript of my part of PhD work has been communicated to the internationally peer-reviewed journal.
- MEHANIL Project: The Mehanil a polyhedral formulation which I worked for my PG dissertation project is now available in clinics in the form of tablets (http://vaidyaratnamoushadhasala.tradeindia.com/mehanil-652757.html).
For further information about me please do check the link below.
Thanking you in anticipation,
See our template for making your own punchy cover letter