Marriott Hotels is one of the most established and recognized brands in hospitality. Since the company’s founding 85 years ago, Marriott is continuing to adapt to the ever changing needs of travelers and vacationers. With this goal to constantly innovate and improve, the company is now experimenting with a new concept called the “great room”. This initiative aims to create an open space which facilitates gathering, working, eating, and socializing in a comfortable and invigorating environment.
Craft your own version of the “great room” by answering the following questions:
1) How does your space change throughout the day? (from breakfast, to lunch, to snacking and into the late evening with drinks and cocktails)
2) What types of foods will you offer and how will you present them?
3) What technologies beyond WiFi would improve the overall experience of visitors and hotel guests?
4) How might you attract traffic beyond the existing hotel clientele?
5) What are potential revenue opportunities for this space outside of food and beverage sales?
6) Are there any other elements you would add to your great room that would contribute to the overall experience? How would you describe this experience in a short sentence?
|Top 5 share $1,000|
|$200.00||Rachel McCoy Johns Hopkins University|
|$200.00||Brian Huang University of California at Berkeley|
|$200.00||Kevin Elika Savannah College of Art and Design|
|$200.00||Defu Wan University of Pennsylvania|
|$200.00||Adam Eagle Massachusetts Institute of Technology|