Consumers are doing more shopping online for direct shipment of goods. Amazon, and Google Shopping are examples of this growing trend, and there is great potential for a similar model in the food supplier industry. Currently, our supply chain is made up of bulk pallet shipping for retail distribution. Including the option of direct to consumer shipping could transform the way our customers shop, especially since we offer a broad portfolio of food products. With such product diversity, our direct shipping could offer a complete solution for consumers that want their food delivered to their doorstep.
Please submit the following:
1) An artistic rendering (picture, diagram, video, chart, etc.) that breaks down the steps needed to implement your proposed system for home delivery
2) A written description that explains:
1. The steps in your diagram of the shipping process
2. Outlines your business model - i.e. how will your shipping method result in profitability?
3. The value proposition to consumers - i.e. why will they choose your method of direct shipping over normal retail purchasing behavior? What are the benefits?
Criteria: Solvers should not include a partnership with Amazon as part of their solution, but feel free to explore novel online shipping methods.
|Top 5 share $750||Next 5 share $250|
|$150.00||Minqian Wang Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey|
|$150.00||Walker Mills California Institute of Technology|
|$150.00||Gabriel Kahn University of California at Berkeley|
|$150.00||Chase Hughes Purdue University|
|$150.00||Kerrianne O'Brien Northeastern University|
|$50.00||Rhys Brooks University of New Mexico|
|$50.00||Vasiliy Blagodarskiy University of Maryland|
|$50.00||Olivia Sluzar Valencia College|
|$50.00||LINH TRUONG University of South Florida|