By 2018, it is projected that there will be 21.6 million households that are owned by Millennials. As Millennials move into these existing homes, they seek ways to add their own personal style to their houses without breaking the bank.
To upgrade the exterior of existing homes and add that coveted "curb appeal" that every home owner wants, the current offerings are quite limited. There has been little to no innovation in this category, and products meant to improve the exterior of houses can be cumbersome to install and expensive to purchase. We are seeking new ideas for innovative products that can be used to add beauty and function to the exterior of homes.
Please complete the following:
1) Propose a product that can be used to add beauty & personal style to the exterior of a house. Explain your product in detail (material, how to install it, what it looks like)
2) Why do you think Millennials will purchase your product idea? How does it enhance the "curb appeal" of a home?
3) Attach an artistic rendering (sketch, mockup, design, etc.) of your proposed product. Be sure to point out the key elements in your rendering.
Criteria: Keep the following in mind as you solve:
1) The product should be an actual part of the exterior of the home, NOT something decorative for the lawn or garden. However, the product could be part of a porch or deck if it's attached to the house.
2) Unless you have a revolutionary new idea for an existing product, you should not submit ideas for products that are already available (ex. decorative shutters).
|Top 5 share $750||Next 5 share $250|
|$150.00||Adam Pasquinelly University of Notre Dame|
|$150.00||Carissa Lintao njcu|
|$150.00||Brian Loh University of Illinois|
|$150.00||Amber O'Connor University of Alabama at Birmingham|
|$150.00||Matthew Smith University of Tennessee|
|$50.00||Scott Weisberg University of Illinois|
|$50.00||Kristin Donnelly West Chester University|
|$50.00||Jessica Baggett Troy University|
|$50.00||shiva mangal Indian Institute of Technology - Bombay|
|$50.00||Max Jung University of California at Berkeley|