Elite Instructors is creating a new way for tutors, trainers, instructors, teachers, and anyone with skills to share to connect with students or learners. Our mobile app allows users to select any topics of interest such as foreign languages, music, math, exam prep, sports, etc. and book an in-person instruction session with a quality tutor at the convenience and comfort of their own home and schedule.
We want college campuses and towns to be our biggest success story for a few reasons:
- College students are active learners and well educated. This means you are likely to have a great set of skills, and and understanding of how to share them.Our biggest question now is how to get more students signed on as tutors (or pupils if they want to connect with someone to help them study), how can we find the tutors on your campus?
- Our app lets you make your own schedule, so you can work in tutoring sessions around your classes.
- Our app is simple to use- you can sign up and start getting paid from your phone (tutoring sessions are in person!) without extensive interviews or other hassles.
Before your start the challenge download our app and take a look at our product.
Part I- Help us find the tutors (not just academics- can be sports, music, etc!) on your campus:
1. What tactics, advertising, or strategies can we employ on your college campus to enlist as many students as possible as tutors? Go into detail and provide examples.
2. What incentives should we provide to tutors signing up?
3. Why will this be the most effective (both in terms of money spent and tutor signups) strategy?
4. (Optional) What tactics, advertising, or strategies can we employ in your college town to find pupils (K-12 students, undergrads, or those interested in learning new skills) for our new tutors?
Part II- Quick survey questions:
1. What rate would you charge per hour to tutor?
2. What subjects (not just academic!) or skills would you prefer to tutor?
3. What age group would you prefer to tutor?
Things to consider:
- Simply stating “use social media” is not an acceptable solution. You must go into detail on how we can effectively implement your strategy.
- We are not interested in straight forward "flyering" techniques as we have seen they are not effective. If you suggest flyering, you must have a unique reasoning as to why it will be successful.
- We are interested in finding campus ambassadors to help us grow our brand through this challenge- if your solution is awesome we may reach out to you after about potential employment.
- Follow this challenge if you're interested in signing up as a tutor!
|Top 5 share 7500||Next 5 share 2500|
|1500||Trevor Bechtold Indiana University|
|1500||Noah Thomas University of South Florida|
|1500||Andria Rabenold University of Rochester|
|1500||Alex Garcia Wesleyan University|
|1500||Timothy Staat University of Missouri - Columbia|
|500||Matthew Gaiser Queen's University|
|500||Pavitra Siva University of Michigan|
|500||Miles White University of South Florida|
|500||Elizabeth Garcia New York University|
|500||Marc Seince Ualberta|