When it comes to technology, it’s amazing how quickly different customer experiences change over time. For example, 15 years ago we were still listening to music on CD’s, and the term “smartphone” didn’t exist in society’s collective vocabulary.
We believe virtual reality is a technology that has tremendous potential to disrupt a number of customer experiences and interactions in the coming years. Whether it’s obvious applications like video games, or other industries like education, healthcare, or construction, we are interested in exploring the different ways virtual reality will shape our experiences in the coming years.
Please complete the following:
1) Describe one or more use case(s) for how virtual reality will redefine a specific customer experience/interaction in the future.
· What is the existing customer experience that virtual reality will replace?
· Tell us why virtual reality offers a better solution to the existing customer experience
2) What would be required for your solution(s) to actually be implemented? (new technologies, customer awareness/education, etc.)
3) If helpful, attach a mockup, sketch, or image to show how your solution(s) would use virtual reality to improve the customer experience for your specific use case(s).
4) Please describe the potential market impact of the use case(s) (e.g. sectors, operating models, market size or other economic considerations).
Criteria: Keep in mind the following as you submit your solution:
1) Your solution should not be too general/conceptual, but should tell a concrete story of your proposed solution, why it’s better, and how it could be implemented (almost as if you were pitching the idea to investors).
2) Include links to any research that you draw from in framing your solution.
|Top 5 share 7500||Next 5 share 2500|
|1500||Michael Duffey University of Notre Dame|
|1500||Robert N. University of Maryland|
|1500||Farhan Alam New York University|
|1500||Mary Kate Bennett Miami University|
|1500||Bryan Kennedy University of Notre Dame|
|500||Al Elhamad San Diego State University|
|500||Soon Kwon Indiana University|
|500||Jonathan D University of Minnesota|
|500||Ana Dulskiy College of the Holy Cross|
|500||Arisa Ruangsirikulchai University of Texas at Austin|