New advances in technology are bringing people, data and things together in ways that are creating amazing benefits to business and society. Unfortunately, the vast implications of this technological revolution can be difficult to understand and truly feel. Check out this video to learn more about the internet of everything, just one part of all that is changing in the world of tech.
In order to build excitement around this tech revolution, it will be important to be able to demonstrate what is changing so quickly. Mirror Show Management is a tradeshow company specializing in bringing customer experiences to life. We want to create a a fun and exciting demonstration that teaches what technologies are changing and how they will affect consumers lives
Students that complete this challenge are encouraged to apply for the following position: User Experience Designer
Propose a startling new technique or demonstration that allows people to experience a cutting edge technology in a tradeshow environment..
Technologies you can include:
Gesture recognition (such as Microsoft Kinect)
Another technology of your choice
Your submission must include:
1. The technology you want to use and any modifications it would need (try to amaze us with an innovative technology that will leave audiences in awe!)
2. How people would experience the technology in a way that demonstrates the new capabilities it will bring consumers
3. (optional but highly encouraged) Sketches, designs, mock-ups, images or any visuals that help to explain your idea
Things to consider:
- The tradeshow experience should be exciting, visceral, memorable and educational.
- The solution should engage a relatively high number of individuals efficiently, without creating bottlenecks, and should not require an extraordinary investment in hardware.
- The Key element to your submission should be the technology you choose. We're looking for brand new ideas and tech that will help us stand out as the coolest and most exciting demonstration at a given tradeshow
|Top 5 share $750||Next 5 share $250|
|$150.00||Chris Player mymacewan|
|$150.00||Michael Ligier New York University|
|$150.00||Brian Loh University of Illinois|
|$150.00||Wendy Li Stanford University|
|$150.00||Dan Cascaval Carnegie Mellon University|
|$50.00||Molly Chen Duke University|
|$50.00||Vignesha Bhamidi Purdue University|
|$50.00||Maximilian Mezzomo New York University|
|$50.00||Eric Snyder Michigan State University|
|$50.00||William Xia Georgia Institute of Technology|