At Guardian, we train many, many employees. To do so we use some of the following techniques as well as others:
- Short format video trainingsMany of these approaches work great to get employees up to speed, but we’re always looking to innovate and improve our processes. Are there awesome new learning technologies or techniques we can put in place to better train our employees? Let us know!
- Written quick reference cards
- How-to guides with step by step instructions and screenshots
- Lengthy guides for detail-oriented learners
- In-person training sessions pre or post work
The best submissions for this challenge will provide novel, fun, interesting ways to train our new employees in a way that they will enjoy and will lead to them remembering what they learned.
Read the practices we already employ above, then propose a NEW technique we can add to our arsenal to train employees:
1. What is your new technique to train employees and learn skills?
2. What makes this technique more effective than our existing practices?
3. Why will our employees enjoy your technique more than our existing practices?
4. (Optional) Sketches, drawings, mock-ups, charts, videos, graphs or any other visuals that better illustrate your thoughts
This is a great opportunity to share new and unique learning techniques you have come across in your academic career, let us know how you think we can leverage such techniques in training our employees.
Bonus: Record a short (1-3 minutes maximum) video explaining your submission and include a (private!) link to YouTube or Dropbox at the top of your submission.
Things to consider:
- Research tip! We’re mostly focused on training for this specific role but are open to all ideas. Check out our Financial Representatives Role Homepage to learn more about the role that will undergo your training method.
- New techniques! New training techniques are best for this challenge but we are open to modifications for existing practices.
- Big or small... Your technique can be an all-encompassing system for all trainings that we administer, a single technique for teaching one skill, or somewhere in between!
- Get outside the box! We're extremely interested in creative and unique solutions that we have never heard of before so don't be afraid to submit out-there ideas!
- Tech lite please! Implementing solutions that require significant technology enhancement is not encouraged.
|Top 10% share 10.0K||Next 15% share 4000.0||Next 25% share 2000.0|
|1000||Daniel Winzer the Budapest University of Technology and Economics|
|1000||Emma Zvonar Ball State University|
|1000||Matthew Gaiser Queen's University|
|1000||Kirsty Park Dublin City University|
|1000||Siranjeevi D National Institute of Technology Trichy|
|1000||Emily Rose University of Illinois|
|1000||Javier Duran Western Governors University|
|1000||Candice Marteau University of California at San Diego|
|1000||Cateline Doyle University of South Florida|
|1000||Janelle Simmons Liberty University|
|286||Igor Reis University of Sydney|
|286||Priyanka V University of Southern California|
|286||Sheryl Peters University of Waterloo|
|286||Pulkit Sachan Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology|
|286||Ansh Tayal National Institute of Technology Trichy|
|286||Sophia T McMaster University|
|286||Josh Lyman University of Oregon|
|286||Victoria Batten West Chester University|
|286||Tomas Pramod University of Missouri - Columbia|
|286||cesarmuniz University of Central Florida|
|286||Sam Alex Montclair State University|
|286||Robert S Cinnamon Virginia Community College System|
|286||marc toney University of California at Davis|
|286||trantham.travis University of Central Florida|
|87||Courtney Simons University of Central Florida|
|87||Brea Pack University of Central Florida|
|87||Ethan Watkins University of Central Florida|
|87||Shantel Sutton University of Central Florida|
|87||stepakoffj University of Central Florida|
|87||Daniel Lues University of Central Florida|
|87||Jonathan Levitt University of Central Florida|
|87||Dallas Scott University of Central Florida|
|87||Marc Schlessel University of Michigan|
|87||Raj Agarwal Indian Institute of Technology - Bombay|
|87||Archit Nandi University of Florida|
|87||Rodrigo Yudji Katagiri de Oliveira|
|87||Hannah Anderson Vanderbilt University|
|87||Amy Grasso Bradley University|
|87||lepete93 University of Central Florida|
|87||Tanner Lambert South Dakota State University|
|87||alexhonner University of Central Florida|
|87||Alyssa Paparella Slc|
|87||Francis Daniel Esparagoza Harvard University|