As technology has advanced, there has been an influx of innovations for household appliances to make them smarter (Internet of Things), more efficient or eco-friendly, and just plain better and easier for consumers to use on a daily basis. However, one household appliance that is ripe for new innovation is the shower head.
Chances are the shower heads in the house you grew up in aren't dramatically different than newer models that are produced today. We are interested in finding ideas for what the shower head of the future looks like, and how it differs from existing models.
Please complete the following:
1) Propose an idea for a shower head of the future that improves upon existing models. Specifically:
- What does your design improve? (ex. water pressure, integration with technology, efficiency, ect.)
- Why will people prefer your shower head of the future over what they already have?
2) If applicable, explain how technology (Internet of Things) might play a role in your design.
3) Attach a mockup of what your shower head would look like.
- Be sure your attachment highlights the new and improved functionality
- Identify where you've altered the design or engineering of a common shower head to improve it
|Top 10% share $1,000||Next 15% share $400||Next 25% share $200|
|$142.90||Sally Abouzied Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University|
|$142.90||Joseph Herbert University of Akron|
|$142.90||Sophia T McMaster University|
|$142.90||Francis Daniel Santia Harvard University|
|$142.90||Hare Narayan Ohio State University|
|$142.90||JP Gaffney James Madison University|
|$44.40||Pedro Simplicio University of Great Falls|
|$44.40||Siranjeevi D National Institute of Technology Trichy|
|$44.40||Ansh Tayal National Institute of Technology Trichy|
|$44.40||Matthew Gaiser Queen's University|
|$44.40||Miles White University of South Florida|
|$44.40||Akshat Gandhi somaiya|
|$44.40||Tarun Jha University of Florida|
|$44.40||Janelle Simmons Liberty University|
|$12.50||Bryan Rounds University of Central Florida|
|$12.50||Sibi Krishna National Institute of Technology Trichy|
|$12.50||Ossama El Nadi York University|
|$12.50||Tejasvi Parupudi Purdue University|
|$12.50||Kiersten Wilde University of Michigan|
|$12.50||jtyner University of Tennessee|
|$12.50||Juan Bueno Lone Star College|
|$12.50||ANAS ELSABAGH University of Waterloo|
|$12.50||Venkatesh Modi National Institute of Technology Trichy|
|$12.50||Archit Nandi University of Florida|
|$12.50||Shubham Kumar Indian Institute of Technology - Bombay|
|$12.50||Christopher Smith Wynne High School|
|$12.50||Jamar Johnson James Madison University|
|$12.50||Benjamin Vogt University of Central Florida|