With life becoming more and more digital, connected, and urban, many things about the way we go about our daily lives will change. One of the most important changes will be in how we use our cars. Autonomous driving technology has improved rapidly over the last few years, and self-driving cars will soon take to the streets all over the world.
There are a myriad of ways this will change how we live our lives and experience driving. However, they aren't all going to be easy to predict. We want to determine what changes will be most impactful when a world of self-driving cars becomes a reality.
Consider a future in which self-driving cars are established in society, then complete the following:
1. Propose a product or service that will be relevant to self-driving cars.
2. Who are the customers for this product or service? What is the product or service's value to them?
3. What activities, resources and partners are needed to make it happen?
4. (Optional) Graphics, charts, mock-ups, or any other visuals that help to better explain your product.
Things to consider:
- This challenge is provided to you by the Business Innovation unit of Mercedes-Benz. This teams develops new business models for the Daimler corporation and has launched successful products such as car2go (Carsharing in more than 30 cities worldwide with more than 1 million customers) or Boost (Kids transportation in the Bay area) in the past.
- Don't limit your answers by technological or legal restrictions that are currently limiting the deployment or operation of autonomous vehicles. We are looking for solutions that will change the world.
- Don't limit your answers by constraints imposed by our current product range.
- Don't limit your ideas to passenger transportation only (these ideas are still good, but there are many other applications for self-driving cars!).
|Top 5 share $750||Next 5 share $250|
|$150.00||Brett Merslich University of Central Florida|
|$150.00||Heping Zheng University of Virginia|
|$150.00||Yazan Alaboudi University of Toronto|
|$150.00||Quiana Pershinske Michigan State University|
|$150.00||Gulam Sarwar Indian Institute of Technology - Bombay|
|$50.00||Isaac Tang Purdue University|
|$50.00||Samantha Spring University of Central Florida|
|$50.00||Rowan Golob Florida Gulf Coast University|
|$50.00||Mark Freedman Yorku|
|$50.00||Emily Brennan University of Central Florida|