Companies all over the world are finding new ways to reach younger consumers, and we’re no different! We are looking into making new shampoos that teens will love. Our hope is for this product to meet current trends, be exciting to use and purchase, and will capture the hearts of teens around the US and the world as a whole!
What would you do to make a shampoo product that most appeals to teens? Would you pick a scent or a smell that ties in with a popular culture phenomena? How about a new design for the bottle that makes the packaging stand out in the shampoo aisle? Our shampoo prevents itchiness and oiliness and leaves hair clean and fresh, but what more can it do for teens?
Your ideas should center around the product itself (the formula for the shampoo), it’s packaging and how it can appeal to teens.
Briefly answer each item below:
1. What type of changes to the shampoo itself (color, scent, texture, etc.) would you make to a shampoo to better reach teens? Why will teens like the changes?
2. How is your shampoo different from regular shampoos? Why will teens like this difference?
3. What special packaging modifications or new packaging ideas will teens love? Why will they love them?
4. Include an image (from Instagram or anywhere else), article, tweet, or any other media that helps us to visualize visualize and understand your idea.
5. (Optional) Is there another hair care product besides shampoo that teens will love? What is it and why?
Bonus: Provide more than one short answer to any or all items.
Things to consider:
- Don't change the benefits: We still want to make shampoo that prevents itchiness and oiliness and leaves hair clean and fresh.
- Not an ad campaign! This is about the shampoo product, not about how to market it! You can share marketing ideas but make sure you focus on the shampoo first.
- Cite Sources! If you can, cite research that back ups your claims about what teens will like. First hand experience is good, research is great!
- Make it fun! We want cool, hip, and creative new ideas please!
|Top 10% share $1,000||Next 15% share $400||Next 25% share $200|
|$111.10||Vilailuck P Assumption University|
|$111.10||Zachary Masser Pennsylvania College of Technology|
|$111.10||Sam Alex Montclair State University|
|$111.10||Thomas Villarroel University of Central Florida|
|$111.10||Matthew Gaiser Queen's University|
|$111.10||Keshav Harisrikanth University of Illinois|
|$111.10||Blake McCourt University of Pittsburgh|
|$111.10||Charmaine Lim Ngee Ann polytechnic|
|$30.80||Hayward Chan Hong Kong University of Science & Technology|
|$30.80||Alyssa Paparella Slc|
|$30.80||marc toney University of California at Davis|
|$30.80||Lindsay Stalvey University of Central Florida|
|$30.80||Chad Coursen Drexel University|
|$30.80||smesa University of Central Florida|
|$30.80||Sonia Rajani Houston Community College System|
|$30.80||Tarun Jha University of Florida|
|$30.80||Sophia T McMaster University|
|$30.80||jutziw Oregon State University|
|$30.80||Charile Taber East Stroudsburg University|
|$30.80||Emily Keevan Clark University|
|$9.10||Courtney Mizerak The College of William & Mary|
|$9.10||mphan16 University of California at Berkeley|
|$9.10||Meg Jenson University of Minnesota|
|$9.10||Alicia Lim University of Minnesota|
|$9.10||Janelle Simmons Liberty University|
|$9.10||Danielle Nghiem University of California at San Diego|
|$9.10||Lauren Weldon University of Central Florida|
|$9.10||Lauren Polson University of Central Florida|
|$9.10||Cassandra Meyers Chapman University|
|$9.10||Erika Fletcher Liberty University|
|$9.10||Amber Butler University of Alabama|
|$9.10||Celina Kiliman University of Central Florida|
|$9.10||Emily Hochstedler Minnesota State University, Mankato|
|$9.10||Kiersten Deatherage Virginia Commonwealth University|
|$9.10||Meagan Bartlett Columbus State Community College|
|$9.10||Olivia Fowler Brigham Young University|
|$9.10||Jennifer Peacock Auburn University of Montgomery|
|$9.10||Makiya Amin University of Minnesota|