|Next Challenge: How can Taco Bell bring nostalgia to our frozen food offerings?|
As one of the leading global manufacturers and marketers of plastic packaging products, we are always looking for new ways to better serve consumers through product innovation. For this challenge, we are focused on retail trash bags used in the home.
Consumer research suggests these key points of frustration that we are trying to solve for:
- Leaking / leak proof features
- Bags falling into the trash can when you throw something away, particularly heavy items (i.e. the bag not staying put)
- Difficulty opening a bag
Who actually enjoys taking out the trash? Whether it’s hard to grab/close, heavy, leaking or just plain stinky, this can be anyone’s least favorite chore. We want to know your design for a trash bag that would get the job done better!
- What is your idea for an improved trash bag of the future?
- How will your design prevent leaks?
- How will your design more easily stay put in the trash can?
- How will your design be easy-open?
- How will your bag design improve the general chore of handling and taking out the trash?
- Attach an artistic rendering (sketch, mockup, design, etc.) of your design highlighting the new features.
- Propose a way your design can also be more sustainable than what's on the market today?
Things to keep in mind:
- Your idea must make sense cost-wise (be cost effective and able to be mass produced)
- Your idea must improve upon existing solutions or product features in the marketplace today
Submissions will be graded on the following criteria:
- 1-10 Scale
will share $1,000
will share $400
will share $200
|$100.00||Crystal Scott University of Technology, Jamaica|
|$100.00||Lewis Kim University of California, Berkeley|
|$100.00||Sharicia Mason Jacobs University Bremen|
|$100.00||Rita Yip University of Auckland|
|$100.00||Abhishek Mishra Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow|
|$100.00||Jorge Mario Vega Iglesias Universidad Santo tomas|
|$28.60||Phillips Staninski University of Chicago|
|$28.60||Esther Vallejo ENEB Barcelona|
|$28.60||Arupama Barik G.M UNIVERSITY|
|$28.60||Nithya Merin Jacob Manipal University|
|$28.60||Daniel Gurung Delhi University|
|$28.60||Iqra Amir Heinrich Heine University|
|$28.60||AvaRose Pembroke Penn Foster|
|$28.60||Stephanie Santistevan Duke University|
|$28.60||Daniel Adeleke UoT|
|$28.60||Shubham Agarwal XLRI Jamshedpur|
|$8.30||K B Ferris State University|
|$8.30||Magdalene Imoro Knust|
|$8.30||Karen Miller West Virginia University|
|$8.30||Grace Tang Occidental College|
|$8.30||Christopher Adjei-Frimpong University of Mines and Technology, Tarkwa|
|$8.30||Annabel Sherratt University of Lincoln|
|$8.30||Karl R Georgia Institute of Technology|
|$8.30||Edilson Gomes de Lima Ibero|